Friday, June 7, 2013

Hello Amelia Rope Chocolate, You So Fine


I believe there is chocolate, and then, there is chocolate. The latter variant compels you to eat with your eyes closed. It commands a special occasion, a special person, a special moment.

Amelia Rope makes such divine artisanal chocolate. Handmade, individually numbered, beautifully packaged, the chocolate bars make exquisite gifts, if not pure self-indulgence.



I tried the Pale Coffee Bean Edition 01 two days ago. After my first bite, I was determined to stock up on the chocolate. I ordered the same chocolate bar, along with two other (award-winning) flavors: the Pale Rose Edition 01 and the Pale Lemon & Sea Salt Edition 01. All three of them came in the mail today – along with a handwritten note from Miss Rope and labeled chocolate samples from the kitchen.

I’m not a big chocolate person, so when I say these chocolates are fantastic and to-die-for, my endorsement is worth double. The flavors are smooth, quirky and novel. And as banal-sounding as rose chocolate is – this is something else. The Pale Coffee Bean Edition 01 is great if you want to try something new. You’ll find crisp whole coffee beans embedded in the bars whose flavors add to the depth of the chocolate.

If I had to pick one though – which is obviously a hypothetical case since I could never buy any less than these three solid flavors – it has to be the Pale Lemon & Sea Salt Edition 01. I bought this one partially craving for some sea salt and caramel chocolate. Miss Rope does not make sea salt and caramel chocolate, but the lemon, I assure you, is a million times better than any caramel combination. The lemon is artless – almost a stark combination with the chocolate.

All in all, Amelia Rope will make you re-think what you know about chocolate. If you have never lavished on yummy top end chocolate before, do yourself a favor and order a chocolate bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment