Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Coffee and Gourmet Sandwiches @ The Missing Bean, Oxford


If there is one place I'm thankful for in Oxford, it would be The Missing Bean. Tenderly tucked in Turl Street, this small independent coffeeshop is an oasis for Oxonians in need of hair-raising espresso or rustic gourmet sandwiches. 

I'm one of those coffee lunatics who drink so much coffee that I could have it infused to my blood from an IV bag. As someone who has been terribly pampered by New York coffee roasters, I was glad to find a venerable coffeeshop like The Missing Bean in Oxford, on which my survival the past year entirely depended. I go to The Missing Bean so often that the owner once joked to me that he was going to start charging me rent. 

The quality of the coffee is unrivalled in Oxford. I'm also a fan of their bagels and sandwiches. My all-time favorites are the smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel, and the goats cheese, roasted aubergine and pesto sandwich.

The floor to ceiling windows of the cafe means that the place is also good for reading and people watching. The place is busiest in the morning and around lunchtime so I wouldn't recommend going there during those times. But once the crowd has simmered down, there is nothing like sitting by the windowsill with a book and a hearty cup of chai latte.

The Missing Bean 
14 Turl St
Oxford, OX1 3DQ
themissingbean.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment