Sunday, March 3, 2013

At Home: Swede and Parsnip Soup


It's true that I self-medicate with food. I've been sick as a dog since last week. My condition is so poor that the doctor prescribed me a ridiculous amount of painkillers to mitigate the pain and bring down my fever.

When I'm this sick there are only two things that can make me happy: food and flowers. On my way home from the pharmacy, I stopped by the Covered Market to eye fresh flowers and vegetables to take home with me.

I got myself the fattest Sweet Naomi roses and a bunch of wax flowers. As for the vegetables, I went with swede and parsnip, which virtually cost me nothing. I like swede for its honeyed sweetness, parsnip for its cool mint. Together, they make a fantastic spring soup. Bright, airy, with just the right amount of sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment